Saturday, October 15, 2011

Former Central standout leading the way for Jackson State

JACKSON, Mississippi -- Marcellos Wilder is having a big season for the Jackson State University football team. He also has big dreams of one day playing in the National Football League and has a big influence to help him accomplish those goals.

His influence is his brother, Olympic medalist Deontay Wilder, who has become a role model for his younger brother and his football career.

“My brother and my family have always been encouraging people in my life.” Wilder said. “I really appreciate the things he tells me about working hard. Those things have gotten him where he is today. He tells me to work hard, earn people's respect and be a great teammate. He really stresses that.

“I have learned a lot from watching my brother come from a regular guy in Tuscaloosa to an Olympic boxer and a great role model. He motivates me. I see what he has done, and that makes me want to accomplish my goals and my dreams and do what he has done. He has set a good example for me.”



READ MORE

No comments: