Sunday, August 17, 2008

A&M offense lights up night

Atkins tosses five touchdowns in Maroon victory

Held in check for much of training camp, Alabama A&M's offense finally exploded Saturday night during its third preseason scrimmage.Quarterback Kevin Atkins threw for 316 yards and five touchdowns as the Maroon clobbered the White 58-6 on Fan Day at Louis Crews Stadium. The Maroon team was made up of first- and second-teamers, while the White team consisted of primarily third-teamers.

"We turned it on tonight," said Atkins, who was 12-of-22 with a pair of interceptions. "We've got a lot of big-play ability. I'm feeling a lot more comfortable. Things are starting to slow down for me and I'm getting a complete grasp of the entire offense. "We made a couple of mistakes. I take the blame for both interceptions. I take the blame for both interceptions.

CONTINUE READING, CLICK BLOG TITLE.

No comments: