Thursday, August 28, 2008

GSU has Jack of all trades

Jeffery Jack, #4 provides blocking for Zaire Wilborn, #26 on interception return last season.

GRAMBLING, LA — Grambling State head football coach Rod Broadway is clear about the strength of his 2008 Tigers football team. "Defense should be the strong suit of our football team, especially early," Broadway said. One reason for the expected strong defense is the return of defensive back Jeffrey Jack. Last season, Jack was the team's second-leading tackler with 77 tackles. He also had an interception and a fumble recovery. And he should be even better this season.

"Last year, I was pretty banged up for most of the season," Jack said. "Over the summer, I got healthy, lost a lot of weight, almost 30 pounds. I'm faster and I'm stronger. Basically, I feel like I'm a freshman in college. I'm ready to use all my knowledge and all my skills and play to the best of my ability." His fall camp performance has already been noticed by Broadway.

CONTINUE READING, CLICK BLOG TITLE.

No comments: