Wednesday, October 12, 2016

FAMU DE Price plays to fulfill last promise to father

TALLAHASSEE, Florida -- Elijah Price has plenty of motivation to shine on Florida A&M’s defensive line.

The junior defensive end started the season as a backup after starting in 10 of the Rattlers 11 games last season and had to battle to get back into the starting lineup. He’s a player that was looked at by Florida State while at Jacksonville Sandalwood, but suffered an ACL injury and only received an offer to play college football from FAMU.

Still, there’s one huge factor driving him to compete. He made a promise to his father Lavaell Price, who died when he was 16.

“I’ve always liked playing football,” Price said. “I’ve played throughout my whole life. But my dad passed away and I made a promise on his deathbed that I’d continue my career in football and see far how it goes. That’s the real big motivation.”

CONTINUE READING 

No comments: