Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hartnell's Thomas signs D-I letter with Coppin State Eagles

Salinas, California -- Daryl Thomas, a sophomore guard on the Hartnell College men's basketball team, has signed a national letter-of-intent to play basketball at Division-I Coppin State University in Baltimore, MD. Thomas is the first Hartnell player from a local high school to sign a letter-of-intent to play D-I basketball since Eric Petty from North Salinas High signed to play at Mississippi Valley State University in 2008.

"I really don't care too much about my individual stats," Thomas said. "I'm more worried about helping this team win conference and getting to the state tournament. We have a really good defensive style of play this year, and I think we can go far."

The former Monterey Toreadore red-shirted his first year at Hartnell, and made second-team all- conference last season.

READ MORE

No comments: