Thursday, May 1, 2014

ASU Barlow holds exit interviews with football players

MONTGOMERY, Alabama  -- Football coach Reggie Barlow spent last week going over "exit" interviews with his players, talking to each one about what is expected from them between now and when the team convenes for fall camp on July 31.

"We want to meet with every guy on the team – scholarship guys, non-scholarship guys, two-deep, three-deep -- and talk about academics and where they are and where they perceive themselves to be in classes, have they enrolled in summer school and I always like to hear how they thought they did this spring," Barlow said. "I have cards written up by each (position) coach, how they did, and of course I have my own opinion."

Which brings up the interesting question: Are the players ever more critical of themselves than the coaches?

"I think (quarterback Daniel) Duhart was not happy with his spring play," Barlow said. "I think we were all on the same page that we were hoping that we would have gotten a little more out of him this spring. But he was critical of himself.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: