Saturday, May 10, 2014

Randallstown guard Jerell Cooke picks Morgan State

BALTIMORE, Maryland  -- At first, Jerell Cooke thought he might want to leave Baltimore for college. The Randallstown senior was recruited mostly by junior colleges, so he was preparing himself for a life away from home.

Then Morgan State came calling.



“After the … county championship, the [Morgan State] coach called my [high school] coach,” Cooke said.  “Morgan was looking to offer me and they wanted to recruit me. [I told my coach], ‘Yeah, I like that.’ [He said], ‘Yeah, me too.’”

Cooke committed to the Bears last month, ensuring that his family and friends will be able to see him play in college. The 6-foot-4, 180-pound shooting guard will redshirt his freshman year and then have four years of eligibility to play for the Bears.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: