Monday, November 24, 2014

Adrian steps down as NSU football coach

COACH PETE ADRIAN
NORFOLK, Virginia -- Norfolk State football coach Pete Adrian is retiring after 10 seasons leading the Spartans and 46 years in coaching, the school announced this afternoon.

No replacement has been named, and an NSU official confirmed that a search for a new coach will begin immediately.

Adrian is in Florida, where he has a second home, caring for an ailing relative.

“My time at Norfolk State has been terrific,” Adrian said in a statement released by the school. “The players and the administration have been great to work with, and I will miss them very much. But after 46 years in coaching, I feel like I need to spend more time with my family while I can. I am very grateful for the opportunity to coach at NSU and to the fans and University administration for the support they have given me. “My No. 1 goal when I came here was to graduate student-athletes, and I think we’ve done a good job of that.”

CONTINUE READING

No comments: