Saturday, March 18, 2017

Florida A&M guard Craig Bowman to transfer

TALLAHASSEE, Florida -- Florida A&M men’s basketball guard Craig Bowman on Thursday confirmed he’s transferring from the program.

Bowman, who was a starter in the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons, played in 19 games for the Rattlers (7-23) this season. He started seven games and averaged 5.8 points per game. He averaged 8.9 points per game in his sophomore year and 7.6 points per game in his first year with the Rattlers.

"I just want a different opportunity," Bowman said. "I feel like we accomplished a lot since I’ve been here. I just wanted a new opportunity. A new chance to compete against some different talent.

"I just want to think everybody for the opportunity. It was a pleasure. I’ll always be a Rattler. I’m just thankful for the opportunity."

Bowman’s first season with the Rattlers was also FAMU head coach Byron Samuels’ first year at the helm.

The Rattlers’ 2016-17 season ended in disappointment. FAMU, playing in the postseason for the first time since the 2013-14 season, lost to South Carolina State 82-78 in overtime in the first round of the MEAC tournament.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: