Tuesday, July 17, 2018

FAMU's Terry Jefferson leads the secondary with elite run, pass coverage

TALLAHASSEE, Florida -- Terry Jefferson is an equal opportunist.  He can be stacked in the box to play against the run.  He has a nose for the football and can attack the quarterback on a blitz.  He's agile enough to line up opposite a receiver in the slot.  He also has enough make-up speed to play in deep zone coverage.

Regardless of where he is on the field, the star defensive back evenly distributes his rage on opposing players standing in the way of Florida A&M greatness.

"I try to do anything my coaches ask me to do," Jefferson said.

"If they want me to line up at safety, drop back under No. 1 or No. 2, when they call my number, I try to make sure I'm available to make the play. You have to stay one step ahead of the game and know every position."

In addition to performing well on Saturdays, Jefferson excelled in the classroom.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: