Sunday, August 15, 2010

Ex-TSU star Narcisse works way into CFL Hall of Fame

The origin of Don Narcisse's career is not one of a typical Hall of Famer. Before racking up 919 catches and 12,366 yards in the Canadian Football League, Narcisse's destiny on a football field was relegated to halftime.



"My mom didn't want me to play any sports,," said Narcisse, who grew up in Port Arthur. "She wanted me to be in the marching band. In junior high school I went out and tried out for football, while she thought I was trying out for the band. She was worried about me since I was a small kid and I also had a heart murmur, but it all worked out."

Narcisse, who played for the Saskatchewan Roughriders from 1987 to 1999, will be inducted into the CFL Hall of Fame today. But as the family prepared to leave for this week's events, Dorothy Narcisse, Don's mother, died of complications from congestive heart failure at the age of 73. "My mother was a great person," Narcisse said. "She never met a stranger. She was so proud of her kids. I wouldn't have accomplished any of my goals without her."

READ MORE, CLICK TITLE.

READ RELATED ARTICLES:
Video: Riding Into The Hall

Narcisse ready to enter Canadian Football Hall of Fame


Riders fans cheer Narcisse into CFL Hall of Fame - The Globe and Mail

No comments: