Tuesday, August 24, 2010

FAMU lineman Curry set for starting role

When offensive lineman Brandon Curry came to Florida A&M last fall from Marshall University and had to wait behind All-American Robert Okeafor, he didn't fret. Instead, he took the opportunity to be ready if his number was called.

"Wherever I get a chance to learn, I learn," Curry said following Monday's practice. "I don't close my door and say just because I was at a D-I level and now I step down, there is no more for me to learn. There is always an opportunity for me to learn sometime."

READ MORE, CLICK BLOG TITLE.

FAMU freshmen building a buzz

Six players from the 2010 recruiting class won't join the Florida A&M football team this year, but coach Joe Taylor isn't short on future prospects — at least not when it comes to a trio of true freshmen who are turning heads.

Former Godby standout Michael Ethridge is already on the second team at tight end, while offensive lineman Shawn Brown and safety Devon Roberts are in the conversation about reserves that could travel with the team. The trio of players is much further ahead than they could have fathomed coming into the season.

READ MORE, CLICK TITLE.

No comments: