Wednesday, August 18, 2010

FAMU's Taylor unsatisfied after first practice

There were bright spots by the Florida A&M defense, but coach Joe Taylor didn't see enough of them to come away from the Rattlers' first light-contact practice satisfied on a steamy afternoon when a few players were forced to the sidelines with cramps. "I was expecting more," Taylor said. "I saw some good things in 7-on-7 flying around. I thought the defense did some good things. We've got a long way to go but they shouldn't let things (like the heat) affect them."

Coaches spent most of the afternoon concentrating on techniques and play executions. Taylor, who usually watched from a distance, was close up on each segment for most of the two hours on the field. "In a game, the coach is not on the field so I've adopted the idea of being in the background," he said. "I would go up and say something to a guy, but I really don't like to be all over the field yelling because I like everything to be as game-like as possible. But there are times that I don't have a choice."

READ MORE, CLICK TITLE.

No comments: