Monday, September 6, 2010

Miles beats Stillman its first play of overtime

BIRMINGHAM, AL - Needing one scoring play to win, the Miles College Golden Bears didn’t hesitate. Senior quarterback Carlton Hill threw a 25-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Breante Allen on the Bears’ first play in overtime, giving Miles a 35-29 victory over Stillman College in the Labor Day Golden Classic.

“The coaches said we were going to end it,” Allen said. “It ain’t no time to be babies. They told me to suck up my (ankle) injury, and I delivered for them. I was happy that they had that much faith in me.”

Allen ran a hitch-and-go pattern along the right sideline. Hill faked a throw, and Allen was able to run free to make the catch in the end zone. “I lost the ball in the lights,” Allen said. “I just said, “God, please just let me catch it,’ and I caught it.” Hill completed 19 of 29 passes for 290 yards and five touchdowns.






READ MORE, CLICK TITLE.

No comments: