Tuesday, April 3, 2012

FAMU linebacker Brandon Hepburn puts his passion into research

BRANDON HEPBURN
SENIOR, BIOCHEMISTRY MAJOR
6'-4"/235 LINEBACKER
HOMETOWN: POMONA, NEW YORK
POMONA HIGH SCHOOL
TALLAHASSEE, Florida -- At the end of almost every workout since spring practice began two weeks ago, Florida A&M linebacker Brandon Hepburn gathers the defensive unit, his voice bellowing over the circle of helmets.

Seldom does his talk last more than a few minutes, but it's important, he insists.

"I'm a high-intensity guy," he said. "I know a lot of times people get into a monotonous rut. As a leader, it's my responsibility to make sure that my teammates are prepared to play. I do my best to encourage them through the intensity to get them super-charged."

He has the same attitude when it comes to his studies in biochemistry. Hepburn was just as wired last week when he presented the results of his findings for a cure for cancer to an international audience at the American Chemical Society conference in San Diego, California.

READ MORE

No comments: