Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Arizona Cardinals undrafted rookie Padric Scott (FAMU) is a renaissance man

(Courtesy FAMU Athletics)
PHOENIX, Arizona  --  Last week I posted a speculative article about the final possible 53 players making the team. And one of the guys that I gave no love to -- that comments pointed out that I should have -- was Padric Scott, the unrestricted DL free agent from the MEAC. And since I wanted to see how it feels to be a writer that actually researches before he composes, I spent hours upon minutes in dragging up some two interviews with the athlete. (One that has been on ROTB's FanShots for over a month. Jess, you need to find a way to give that section more prominence.)

And from what I read, I'm impressed not only with what he could bring to the field, but what he does off the field. He appears to be a well rounded, grounded young man.

For instance, did you know that he graduated from FAMU cum laude with a degree in Molecular Cell Biology? All the while fighting the "dumb jock" stereotype?

No comments: