Tuesday, August 14, 2007

UAPB hires Mazza as women's soccer coach


PINE BLUFF, Ark. - The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff has hired Roberto Mazza as coach of its women's soccer team.

Mazza is from Windsor, Ontario and a former assistant coach at Mississippi Valley State University. He graduated from Tiffin University '06 with a Bachelors of Business Administration and minor in E-Commerce.

Last year's UAPB team finished 1-15 overall and 0-4 in the Southwestern Athletic Conference.

"I'm excited for the opportunity," Mazza said. "I think it will be a great experience. I'm familiar with the program from my time at MVSU. I honestly think there's a lot of potential for growth. I think this program can make some big strides in the near future. Our goal is to have the Lady Lions contending for a SWAC tournament berth in the near future."

Arkansas-Pine Bluff begins its season Sept. 5 on the road against the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

No comments: