Monday, July 26, 2010

Erbe signs with Stillman College Tigers

Former Nature Coast Technical High School (Brooksville, Florida) catcher Ryan Erbe, a 2007 gradate and an All-County selection in 2006, has received the second chance he sought. After taking a year off from his baseball career due to a shoulder injury, Erbe has signed with Stillman College, a Division II school in Tuscaloosa, Ala.

"Baseball is my life," Erbe said. "I took this year off. Yeah I was doing other things; I was down at Fort Myers, living on my own, working, going to school. But it just didn't feel the same without baseball."

The 21-year-old from Spring Hill said he will receive what essentially amounts to a full ride to man his old position, catcher, for the Tigers. "It's great," Erbe said. "That's what I want to do, I want to play baseball. I know it's a long shot, but I want to make a career out of it and this is my chance to make that happen. It meant the world to me when the coach called and said they want to give me a spot on the team. I would have went there for free."

READ MORE, CLICK TITLE.

No comments: