Sunday, January 9, 2011

Doug Williams’ son commits to play at Grambling State

He lived in Tampa, Fla., where his dad first played pro football. He lived in Grambling, where his dad played, coached and became one of Grambling’s most celebrated legends. He has the same name. So, yes, D.J. Williams knows what it’s like to live in Doug Williams’ long shadow. Evidently, he’s very comfortable with that.

Doug Williams III, a 6-foot-3, 200-pound quarterback known to everyone as D.J., has committed to play next season at Grambling, saying he has no problem with the added pressure of being the son of a campus legend. “I mean, I’ve been handling it my whole life,” he said. “I’ve got the same exact name as him. The comparisons start from there.

“It’s pressure, but it’s nothing I can’t deal with.”

READ MORE, CLICK TITLE.

No comments: