Saturday, January 29, 2011

WSSU's Maynor turns down offer from North Carolina A&T

Connell Maynor of Winston-Salem State has turned down an offer to be the next football coach at N.C. A&T.

Maynor, who led the Rams to an 8-2 record this past season, had his first interview with A&T officials last week but wasn't offered the job. That all changed on Friday when Rod Broadway, the coach at Grambling State, turned down an offer from A&T.  Maynor was asked back to campus at A&T on Friday afternoon and was offered the job.

"They offered it to me and, after considering it, I had to say no," said Maynor, 42, who is a 1995 graduate of N.C. A&T, where he was an All-MEAC quarterback. "The timing just wasn't right and in the best interest of myself and my family, I couldn't take the job."

READ MORE, CLICK TITLE.

No comments: