Sunday, July 17, 2011

Journey completed, Lewis inducted into Grambling Hall of Fame

Houma, LA - Frank Lewis started his journey to Grambling State University with a hopeful phone call. Now, 45 years later, Grambling has called Lewis back to be a part of its Legends Sports Hall of Fame.

After a standout football career with the Tigers from 1967-70 and a highly successful NFL career that followed, the Houma native was inducted into the Grambling Hall of Fame on Saturday. He said he cherishes the honor and shares it with his family and legendary Grambling coach Eddie Robinson for whom Lewis played.

"I am truly blessed to a part of the Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame and the Southwest Athletic Conference Hall of Fame, but my heart is Grambling," Lewis, 64, said. "This is my greatest honor because I know so many of the guys who played with me and before me were so great. It's a great honor for myself, my family and for Coach Rob. This is the pinnacle. It's Grambling's Hall of Fame, so it's the greatest honor I can receive."

READ MORE

No comments: