Saturday, March 24, 2012

FAMU's Bennett looking at pro career

ANTONIA BENNETT
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Antonia Bennett wasn't even sure she'd complete her high school career, much less finish a collegiate career at Florida A&M as the best offensive player in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference.

Now she is preparing to take the next step in hopes of catching on with a professional team, either in the WNBA or playing professionally overseas. Bennett was invited to participate in two free-agent camps, beginning March 30 in Denver.

The invitations came despite having mixed feelings after the Rattlers were bounced from the MEAC tournament in the semifinals round three weeks ago. The loss ended a remarkable season for FAMU that culminated with the school's best record (22-8) in 15 years.

"I was real hurt after the loss, but in my mind I was thinking what's next," Bennett said. "I knew I wanted (to play professionally) real badly."

READ MORE

No comments: