Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Players showcase skills at Pro Day

WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Thirty or so former college football players had what amounted to final job interviews Monday morning — various drills in front of scouts from nearly every NFL team during Pro Day at Wake Forest.

"You can't hold back now," said running back Nic Cooper, one of five players from Winston-Salem State who went through the nearly four-hour session. "My main thing is to do my best and hopefully the scouts see what I can do, and if it happens, it happens."



Wake Forest had several players take part, including wide receiver Chris Givens, who didn't go through all of the drills but did catch passes and run routes. "This is another opportunity to showcase my skills," Givens said. "This is the next chapter in my life. I'm ready to take it on and go from here. I want to continue to work hard, put God first, and let the rest take care of itself."

Defensive back C.J. Washington, who played three seasons at Wake Forest and his final season at WSSU, is undersized for the NFL at 5-foot-6 and 160 pounds, but he posted one of Monday's fastest 40-yard dash times.

READ MORE

No comments: