Thursday, June 28, 2012

Wise grad heads from PGCC to Bowie State

BOWIE, Maryland - Prince George’s Community College’s loss is Bowie State University’s gain. After a standout sophomore season at PGCC, David Golladay plans to continue his basketball career this winter at Bowie State, stepping into a quality opportunity to contribute on a guard-oriented team.

The Henry A. Wise High School graduate averaged 15.9 points per game and helped the Owls reach the National Junior College Athletic Association Division III District 7 championship game. PGCC went 22-10 and fell one win short of a berth in the NJCAA Division III national tournament.

Golladay played two years ago at NCAA Division I Mount St. Mary’s University in Emmitsburg, Md., but left the school after a coaching change. At PGCC he was reunited with high school teammate Josiah Woodruff, who was the Owls’ leading scorer (17.6 ppg).

“I felt like I started losing a little of my love for basketball at Mount St. Mary’s,” Golladay said. “Then I went to PGCC and got that love back. I don’t know if it was the coaches or playing with my friends, but I got it back. That’s the biggest thing. If you don’t love something, it’s going to be hard to do it. It was really easy to play this year.”

READ MORE

No comments: