Sunday, November 25, 2012

B-CU vs. CCU Notebook: Wildcats' Jenkins says 'it has been a really good ride'

DAYTONA BEACH, Florida  --  An odd scene played out late in Bethune-Cookman coach Brian Jenkins' press conference Saturday night.

Responding to a question about his team's national relevance, Jenkins stated the reasons he felt his Wildcats were a “national level” team.
 
He ended by noting that building the program has been a “collective effort,” before saying, “It's been a really good ride. I've enjoyed it, and we will see what is next.”
 
When a reporter asked if that meant that Jenkins might be on the move, the coach insisted that is not what he said. Then he went on to not exactly close the door on the idea.
 
“My main thing is celebrating with my family and moving forward,” Jenkins said. “We all know opportunities present themselves. We all know that, and I'm not going to sit here and pretend like opportunities don't present themselves.
 
“All I can tell you is it is very hard for me to leave a university that loves me, and I love it. It's hard for me to love a team that I really, really love. I love my players. They love me. It's very, very hard.”
 

No comments: