Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Milford Mill grad Chase Cormier signs with Grambling State

BALTIMORE, Maryland  --  Chase Cormier graduated last spring from Milford Mill with a legacy of championships and individual honors, but not a single Division I scholarship. But despite his surprising lack of college of options, the 6-foot, 170-pound point guard said he never worried about eventually landing an offer.

“I knew it was a matter of time,” Cormier said. “As soon as I made my announcement to go to prep school, I started getting phone calls from coaches.”
 
Cormier’s thoughts about recruiting were proven correct earlier this month when the Grambling State coaches scouted him at his Fishburne (Va.) Military Academy practice and offered him a scholarship. The former Millers star signed his letter of intent to play for the Tigers this week.
 
“It feels like a relief,” said Cormier, who was also recruited by Rider. “Division I, that’s always been my dream since the ninth grade. It’s an accomplishment.”
Former Millers coach Al Holley – now in his first year as Friends’ boys basketball coach – always thought Cormier was a DI talent. But it was just a matter of finding the right fit.
 
 
 

No comments: