Monday, July 14, 2014

FAMUan Pam Oliver out, Erin Andrews in on Fox's No. 1 NFL broadcast team

LOS ANGELES, California  -- Pam Oliver has been replaced by Erin Andrews as the sideline reporter for Fox's No. 1 team for NFL broadcasts.
And after this season, her 20th on NFL sidelines, Oliver will be switched to other duties within Fox Sports, including "long-form pieces, specials, major interviews and some producing as well," according to the SI.com article that broke the news Monday morning.
“Disappointment is not really a word I’d use right now because I’ve had some weeks to process it,” Oliver said. “I think my emotions during the season will be sadness because I had been around that group for a decade."


She added: "But you have to move forward and deal with what is on your plate. I went through a range of emotions, but as I speak with you today, disappointment has passed me and I have reached a point of trying to move forward with some sadness."
Oliver first learned of the decision in April during a meeting with Fox executives, who originally told her she would be removed immediately from the sidelines altogether. But she talked them into one last year, with the No. 2 broadcast team of Kevin Burkhardt and John Lynch.

No comments: