Saturday, October 8, 2016

Christian Jacquemin taking big role for Jackson State



JACKSON, Mississippi -- Plan B worked out well for Christian Jacquemin.

The redshirt sophomore grew up playing soccer before the Miami Coral Reef football coach persuaded him to become the team’s kicker during the spring of his junior year. After one season in his new sport, Jacquemin received a scholarship to play at Jackson State.

“I never would’ve thought I’d be playing football in college at all,” he said. “I always thought it would be soccer. That’s something I was pursuing for really my whole life until my senior year. But I’m glad I am playing football, and I’m glad I am here at Jackson State.”

Coach Tony Hughes is glad too.

The Tigers lost kicker Ryan Deising, who led the SWAC after making 16 of 21 field goals (76.2 percent) last season, and punter Darcy Williamson, who averaged 38.3 yards per punt.

CONTINUE READING 

No comments: