Monday, October 30, 2017

With finances improving, SC State athletics is still examining everything - including football

ORANGEBURG, South Carolina -- It's decision time in Orangeburg.

Buddy Pough's roamed the sidelines as SC State's leading man for 16 football seasons. If there's to be a 17th, the Bulldogs must extend his contract at the end of this season.

Pough's enjoyed tremendous success as the Bulldogs head coach. He's guided the Bulldogs to six conference titles and ranks second on the program's all-time wins list. However, the Bulldogs are 2-6 overall this season.

Stacy Danley's been sitting in SC State's Director of Athletic chair for nearly six months. He's charged with deciding Buddy Pough's future.

"People ask me all the time what you're going to do with your coach? I'm going to support him," Danley said. "Give him all the support he can get from my seat."

"As far as I know I'll be back," Pough said. "If that's what you're trying to get at. I tell our guys we will still be here until they tell us differently."

CONTINUE READING

No comments: