Thursday, July 12, 2018

Let’s Meet Florida Memorial's Yulianna Charris

fmuMIAMI GARDENS, Florida --This Summer and into the Fall Florida Memorial will be doing ' Let's Meet' series with random questions geared for you to get to know the players  better. This week features Yulianna Charris from women's volleyball.
 
 Name: Yulianna Charris
Graduation Year: 2020
Major: Business Administration


1. Why you chose FMU?
I chose FMU because they gave me a unique opportunity. While the situation of my country was aggravating affecting not only the economy of my family but my future, FMU gave me the possibility to study with a presidential scholarship and represent the university's volleyball team.
 
2. Tell me about yourself
I'm from Caracas, Venezuela and I consider myself as a dreamer who's willing to work hard to reach each goals and dreams. 
 

  1.     What was your greater accomplishment as an athlete?
 
My greatest accomplishments as an athlete was gaining the trust and respect of my teammates, improving our communication and performance in the court leading us to play-off which was one of our goals as a team. 
 

  1.     What are the challenges coming from a different country?
 
Coming from a different country comes with many challenges and being away from my family was the hardest one for me. It is also challenging all the changes that you got to face like adapting to a new place, new culture, new weather, new languages, and making new friends. Coming from a different country might be a challenging experience, but it was a good one. 
 

  1.      How did you cope after the hurricane with you parents back home?
 
At the beginning, when they heard about the hurricane it was an overwhelming experience for my parents because they thought it was going to be a dangerous hurricane. However, we got to talk every day and I went to a safer place so they felt better and calm.
 

  1.     What are your main motivations doing athletics?
 
My main motivation is that passion and love for what I do that makes me feel in a certain way every time I get to play volleyball. Also, being an athlete is a healthier way of life which is a big plus.
 

  1.      What do you feel are your main strengths in athletics?
 
I think my discipline and dedication are my main strengths and they have taken me far. 
 

  1.     What are the areas you feel that you need improvement in?
 
Personally, I believe there is always room for improvement. I can always be better in everything I do. 
 

FLORIDA MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY SPORTS INFORMATION

No comments: