Friday, August 3, 2018

ASU's Salvador Signs Pro Contract in Czech Republic with Brno Lokomotiva

Salvador Signs Pro Contract in Czech Republic with Brno LokomotivaBRNO, Czech Republic – Recent Alcorn State University graduate and women's soccer alum Alexandra Salvador will continue her playing career after signing a professional contract with Brno Lokomotiva, a first division team in the Czech Republic.

"This opportunity means a lot to me," said Salvador. "It was a dream ever since I was a little girl. Playing soccer is a dream job and that's what I'm doing, as well as experiencing another culture and traveling throughout Europe playing at the highest level. I'm very fortunate to be playing in the first division and I can't wait until my season starts."

A team captain as a junior and a senior, Salvador scored three goals with an assist last season to finish second on the team with seven points as a defender. She scored the game winner in the 78th minute to help Alcorn edge Nicholls State 1-0 on Sept. 8.

"I'm the second person in my family to play pro soccer as my dad played in South America. He's my biggest role model and hero so it's pretty special that he is seeing me following my dreams, and he was a big part of my success. I'm very lucky that support at home from my family and friends as well as from coach Junior Noel, and they're always pushing me to do my best."

The Waterloo Ontario, Canada native completed her undergraduate degree in health and physical education with a 3.87 grade point average.

"This type of training and play will help me prepare for any international tournaments or friendlies I have with the Ecuadorian national team. I'm excited to start learning the different style of play here so that I can incorporate it into my style."

The team heads to Croatia for 10 days before returning to the Czech Republic to continue training for the season-opener on Aug. 18.

7505
Pictured: Alexandra Salvador (first row, second from left) with her team Brno Lokomotiva.

ALCORN STATE UNIVERSITY ATHLETICS MEDIA COMMUNICATIONS

No comments: