Tuesday, September 2, 2008

FAMU linemen protective of Battle

FAMU quarterback Eddie Battle isn't going to come away from any game without grass stains on his uniform. His offensive linemen would like to make sure that's not the case too often, though. If Saturday's game is a gauge, they're trying real hard.
Battle was sacked twice and hurried twice in a stubborn stance by the Rattlers offensive line, which has just one senior and which paved the way for two quick opening touchdowns in a 30-20 victory over Alabama State.

"We take it very personal when our quarterback gets hit," said junior left tackle Robert Okeafor. "We want him to stand up right, clean jersey and clean pants. We don't want him to get dirty unless he slides somewhere. "When somebody sacks my quarterback or hits my quarterback I take it personally because I feel like I let him down."

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS: Joe Taylor (FAMU) Chris Poole (FSU) Make Impressive Debuts

CONTINUE READING, CLICK BLOG TITLE.

No comments: