Monday, September 5, 2011

Morehouse rolls to 47-9 win over Miles in Labor Day Golden Classic

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- By the start of the third quarter, the light rain falling on the turf at Legion Field had turned into a downpour. Tropical Storm Lee was announcing its presence at the fifth Labor Day Golden Classic, but Morehouse College had already stolen the show.

The Maroon Tigers jumped all over Miles College from the start, grabbing a 23-point halftime lead and running away with a 47-9 victory Sunday to spoil Reginald Ruffin's debut as Golden Bears' head coach.

"I put all the blame on myself," said Ruffin, who came to Miles after five years as the defensive coordinator at Tuskegee. "I didn't have the guys ready to play. I thought we were ready to play, but unfortunately we weren't. I'm just very disappointed in myself, and I apologize to my coaches, I apologize to my team for not having them ready to play."

Led by junior quarterback Byron Ingram's two rushing touchdowns and one through the air, Morehouse encountered minimal resistance on its way to 427 yards of total ...

PHOTO GALLERY: Miles vs. Morehouse 2011

READ MORE

No comments: