Wednesday, August 24, 2011

At last, Smith’s time arrives at ECSU

Elizabeth City, N.C. - As the Elizabeth City State football team’s season opener approaches, Brandon Smith may be the most grateful player on the Vikings’ squad. Smith has not played football in two years and it was not long ago that he thought his career might be over.

“I really do appreciate it more,” said Smith, who will play his first game in a Vikings uniform on Saturday at Delta State. “I mean, I waited two years to play one year, not knowing what could happen after this year. I just wanted to fulfill my whole college term of playing football.”

Smith, a senior, was a star at Virginia Union. The 6-foot, 235-pound outside linebacker was an All-Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association rookie team pick in 2006 and followed that up with back-to-back ...

READ MORE

No comments: