Saturday, November 23, 2013

AAMU Football: Short takes: Tech wins -- what are chances vs. Georgia?

ATLANTA, Georgia  -- Because of a scheduling quirk created when Syracuse and Pittsburgh joined the ACC, Georgia Tech had to scramble for an opponent and wound up with only Alabama A&M. Tech had to pay A&M $300,000 -- and it's days like this when I’m sure college football players are thinking, “If the school wants $300,000 so bad, let the athletic director play.”

The Jackets won 66-7. The Alabama A&M band was terrific at halftime. Unfortunately, I don't think they get a share of the $300,000.

So what does this mean for next week's game against Georgia? Nothing really. But my subscription game column -- which will be posted shortly -- focuses on Tech's chances against the Bulldogs next week. My feeling  all along have been that Georgia's porous defense gives Tech a shot.

What are your thoughts?

Until then, here are my three “Short Takes” on the game.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: