Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Cleveland High School senior Nora Berry chooses Grambling

CLEVELAND, Tennessee  --   Cleveland High School senior Nora Berry committed this past weekend to continue her basketball career at NCAA Division I member Grambling State University.

Berry, a 5-foot-11 guard/forward, averaged nine points and four rebounds last season for the Lady Raiders, who advanced to the Region 3-AAA quarterfinals. Those are averages that both Berry and Cleveland coach Mindy Kiser expect will improve greatly during her senior year, as graduation and defections have left her as the only senior on the team.



"I'm glad to get that process over with," Berry said Monday afternoon. "This season is going to be very different, and getting this decision over with helps me set my focus on leading our team. I know I'm going to be asked to do a lot, and I'm really wanting to improve on my scoring and rebounding."

Grambling provided a lot of positives for Berry, who chose the Louisiana school over an offer from UNC-Asheville and interest from Radford, North Florida, Savannah State, Western Carolina and Middle Tennessee State. Grambling coach Patricia Cage-Bibbs has more than 500 wins -- the only women's coach at a historically black university to accomplish that.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: