Saturday, March 15, 2014

Alabama State football: Kerry Williams has huge shoes to fill at center

MONTGOMERY, Alabama  --  It’s a daunting task to fill the shoes of a four-year starter, but Kerry Williams thinks the tutelage of Edmond Davis paved the way for the sophomore to take over as Alabama State’s starting center.

“He was like a big brother that took me under his wing,” Williams said. “He showed me certain moves to improve my skills at the center position. Having him there made a big impact on me on how to prepare for this year.”

Williams will get his first test as the Hornets’ first-team center this morning in Alabama State’s first scrimmage of the spring, set for 9 a.m. at the Houston Markham Football Complex.

“I want to see how I react in game situations,” he said. “Practice and a game situation are two different things. It’s not five plays and that’s it, it’s the whole game. That tests your conditioning, how hard you push yourself.”

CONTINUE READING

No comments: