Saturday, January 24, 2015

Former NSU player Lynden Trail makes plays, shows versatility at Senior Bowl



MOBILE, Alabama -- When defensive end Lynden Trail arrived at Florida in 2010 he looked more like Corey Brewer than Jevon Kearse.

Trail was listed at 6-foot-7, weighing 203 pounds. The Gators were hopeful Trail would fill out into a disruptive defensive end.

Trail filled out, but at Norfolk State. He transferred after two years at UF in which he redshirted and then didn’t play his second season in 2011 as he struggled to add weight.

Three years later, Trail has morphed into one of the most impressive athletes at the Senior Bowl. During Tuesday’s official weigh-in, Trail was listed at a shade over 6-6 and checking in at 262 pounds. He has emerged as perhaps the most intriguing prospect from a Football Championship Subdivision school in the draft.

“I left Florida weighing around 225,” Trail said. “The thing that really helped me at Norfolk was my girlfriend. She changed my nutrition. I went from eating junk food and fast food to home-cooked meals. I’m not a greens guy, but she sneaks vegetables into dishes she makes. Slowly, I started to gain weight, it started to stick and form in the right ways.”



CONTINUE READING

No comments: