Sunday, August 30, 2015

2015 preview: Mississippi Valley State at a glance

COURTESY MISSISSIPPI VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY ATHLETICS

ITTA BENA, Mississippi  -- Rick Comegy (2nd season at MVSU, 158-91 record overall)

MISSISSIPPI VALLEY STATE

What happened last year?
It was another in a long line of tough seasons for MVSU as it went 2-9, and 1-8 in the SWAC. There was a long-awaited victory against Jackson State it could hang its hat on, but not much else. The Delta Devils were outscored by an average of 20 points per game, but were competitive in losses to Grambling, Texas Southern and Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

Three questions for coach Rick Comegy

What did you learn in your first year at Mississippi Valley State? “I learned you have to understand the culture, know your way around and be familiar with the program and the student athletes that live here.”

What’s different about this year compared to last year? “I’ve seen the attitude I’ve been looking for. They (the players) were all tied (to different coaches). I’ve tried to bring (my type) of guys in and see if that’s going to change anything. I’ve seen flashes.”

CONTINUE READING

No comments: