Saturday, September 5, 2015

Ram Ramblings: New WSSU helmets need a reboot


PHOTO GALLERY

WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina -- Maybe WSSU can reboot.

No, I’m not talking about the loss to UNC Pembroke on Thursday night. That 17-7 setback is in the books and there’s no going back.

I’m talking about the new helmets. They are bad. No, they are awful.

At first I thought they didn’t look too bad but then I got a closer look. I guess I’m old school when it comes to bragging about accomplishments but listing the CIAA titles on the top of the helmets by each season wasn’t a great idea.

The reason I say that is it seems to be rather short sighted. When Connell Maynor took over before the 2010 season he didn’t talk about winning just the CIAA, he talked about winning the national championship. A lot of folks laughed at him.

Then in 2012 when the Rams got to the Division II national championship game folks weren’t laughing, they were on the bandwagon.

CONTINUE READING 

No comments: