Monday, July 10, 2017

Slater wants more than title of Tuskegee AD

TUSKEGEE, Alabama -- Tuskegee’s new athletic director already has an office at the school.

Tuskegee head football coach Willie Slater takes over for Curtis Campbell, who left to take the same position at Western Oregon.

Tuskegee interim president Dr. Charlotte Morris introduced Slater on Friday, stating that Slater was passionate and goal-oriented.



“He’s had great football teams here,” Morris said. “He is focused on the success of the student-athletes. He’s led with discipline and his players have graduated with honors in the various majors we offer here at Tuskegee University.”

Slater said he was skeptical at first when asked to accept the job.

“Being athletic director was never something I had envisioned,” Slater said. “It was an opportunity that popped up. I didn’t really pursue it, but I was asked. My first response was that I just want to be a good football coach.”

CONTINUE READING

No comments: