Thursday, March 29, 2018

'I can't mess with happiness:' Moton staying at NC Central

The Fight is Won or Lost far away from witnesses-behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights - Muhammad AliDURHAM, North Carolina — North Carolina Central's LeVelle Moton is staying put.

The Eagles head coach interviewed Wednesday for the open position at East Carolina University, but he said Thursday he'll remain in Durham for his 10th season leading NCCU.

"I'm happy where I am," Moton told WRAL News. "I can't mess with happiness."

Moton met with ECU special advisor Dave Hart Wednesday about the ECU job.

"ECU is a prestigious university within the state that I have revered since I was a kid," Moton said. "I'm humbled and honored that they thought enough of me to consider me for the head coaching vacancy. However, after further discussion with my family, we have decided it's best that I remain at NC Central."

Hart, the former ECU director of athletics, is serving in an advisory role as the university searches for a new director of athletics to replace the outgoing Jeff Compher.

CONTINUE READING 

No comments: