Sunday, August 7, 2011

Shannon Sharpe's Speech At 2011 Hall Of Fame Enshrinement: Escaping Glennville

Atlanta, GA - The 2011 Pro Football Hall of Fame class includes three players of particular local interest: Atlanta Falcons star Deion Sanders (Florida State University), Atlanta native Richard Dent (Tennessee State University) of the Bears and Shannon Sharpe of the Broncos and Ravens, who grew up in south Georgia's Tattnall County and played at Savannah State University, where he was one of the best players in SIAC history.

Sharpe looked ready to cry before even taking the podium, and had already spoken through a cracking voice while being interviewed before the event even began. He made it through his speech without breaking, and it will likely go down as the highlight of the night.



Thank you everyone. The people from the Hall tell me I only have eight to 10 minutes to do this. No chance. First, I'd like to thank the 44 men and women that deemed my play on the field worthy of this honor. Also the city of Canton and the Hall itself. Your efforts are appreciated.

I keep telling myself I'm not going to get emotional. I know that's going to happen. I'm proud and excited where my NFL journey has taken me and my family. 2121 George Halas Drive, Canton, Ohio.

READ MORE

No comments: