Monday, September 9, 2013

Q&A with NCCU quarterback Jordan Reid

DURHAM, North Carolina  -- Question: Why did you choose NCCU?

Jordan Reid: "Coming out of high school, I chose Winston Salem State over NCCU (which I still hear comments from people to this day). Unfortunately there was a coaching change at WSSU in 2010 and I was affected. Coach Mose Rison gave me a chance to walk-on to the NCCU football team in 2010 and he invited me to training camp. It was a blessing in disguise. That very next semester, in the spring, I earned a full scholarship. I thank him for giving me that opportunity because I don't know where I would be today without NCCU."

Q: What is your major? What do you want to do after NCCU?

JR: "Recreation Administration with a concentration in Sport Management. I plan to go to graduate school and pursue a master's degree in Sport Management. I plan to become a Sports Information Director, Sports Journalist or Broadcaster. My ultimate goal in the sports area is to become a General Manager of a professional sports organization."

Q: What is your favorite part of game day at O'Kelly-Riddick Stadium?

JR: "There's nothing like leading the team out of the tunnel, seeing a sea of maroon and gray cheering us on, hearing the band and smelling all of the food from tailgaters and food vendors surrounding the stadium. Those things just give jitters and chills."



Q: Do you have any pre-game rituals?

JR: "Chris Hooks, our play-by-play radio voice, is one of the few individuals that actually knew about this and he calls me the "Rubber Band Man" because of it. My pre-game ritual or superstition is to wear a rubber band in my right sock. It's something that I've been doing since I played AAU basketball when I was 10 years old. When I was younger they didn't allow players to wear rubber bands during AAU basketball games. I had a rubber band on just before the tip off and I didn't have anywhere to put it, so I stuffed it in my right sock. It was the best game I ever had in my basketball career. I stuffed the stat sheet that game and I believe I had a quadruple-double (almost). To this day I wear a rubber band in my right sock, even during practices."

Q: Tell me something interesting about yourself that others may not know.

JR: "I am a diehard Minnesota Vikings fan and I have been one since 1998. Skol Vikes!"

CONTINUE READING 

No comments: