Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Nedra Brown decides to step out of the coaching realm

Coach Nedra Brown
NORMAL, Alabama - Alabama A&M volleyball coach Nedra Brown has resigned as the head coach.

She has decided to move out of coaching and accepted the Associate Athletic Director for Internal Operations/Senior Women's Administrator position at Jackson State University.

"We would like to thank coach Brown for all of her years of service and we wish her much success in the future," said Director of Athletics Bryan Hicks.

Brown's record over seven seasons was 106-110 and 44-12 in SWAC play. A&M finished the 2013 season 11-21 overall and 5-3 in the Eastern Division.

"I've been looking forward for this opportunity for the last three years and this is something I have always wanted to do," said Brown.

"I would like to thank Betty Austin for giving me the opportunity that allowed me to win the four championships, be in seven tournament championship contests and working with the student-athletes. You can't ask for anything better."

"I would also like thank everyone that had an impact on me while I was at Alabama A&M and I want to thank my family, coworkers and colleagues who help me achieve during my time on "The Hill".

COURTESY ALABAMA A&M UNIVERSITY SPORTS INFORMATION

No comments: