Sunday, March 22, 2015

WSSU Rams gets commitment from Raleigh Millbrook star

WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina -- Rob Brown, the all-time leading scorer at Raleigh Millbrook High School, has committed to play basketball next season at Winston-Salem State.

Brown, who is 6-8 and 220 pounds, announced his decision on Tuesday afternoon at his high school.



This past season, Brown led Millbrook in scoring at 14 points a game; he also grabbed six rebounds a game.

“I’m very excited about making this decision,” Brown said by telephone. “I know I’m ready to move on to college and I felt like this was the best place for me.”

Brown said there were other schools recruiting him, such as Lees-McRae and UNC Pembroke, but when he came for a visit to WSSU he loved the Rams’ style of play.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: