Saturday, July 16, 2016

ASU's Jenkins takes time away from football

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama – Brian Jenkins did something this summer he hasn’t done in a long time – took a vacation.

“I went to Key West (Florida),” Jenkins said Friday at SWAC media day. “Been all over and this was the first vacation I’ve taken in 15 years. Actually take a vacation. Got away from the game. Got away from everything and I tell you what, it’s actually helped. Kind of rejuvenated me a little bit. Cleared my mind on some things I needed to do.”

Jenkins said he also spent quality time with his kids and got a chance to recognize some things he needs to change in his football program at Alabama State.

“I went away, took a deep breath and it really has helped,” Jenkins said.

In a couple of weeks, Jenkins will open camp with a goal of improving upon going 6-5 in his first year at ASU after having great success at Bethune-Cookman. With the adjustment and learning phases behind them, the players feel more comfortable playing for Jenkins going into the 2016 season.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: