Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Xavier lands FAMU transfer Bernard

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Guard Malcolm Bernard announced on Twitter that he will play his final season for Xavier.

The 6-foot-6, 195-pounder will be eligible to play immediately for the Musketeers as a graduate transfer from Florida A&M. Bernard, 22, played two years at Charleston Southern before transfering to FAMU and sitting out a season due to NCAA transfer rules. He then led the Rattlers in points (14.4 ppg) and rebounds (7.1 rpg) last season.

"I'm happy to be a Musketeer and I'm glad I'm getting to spend my last year at Xavier," Bernard told Enquirer.com late Monday. "I'm coming to work with the best and play with the best and win with the best.

"I'm stat stuffer. I like to stuff stats all over. I think that's why Xavier chose me because of how versatile I can be and all the things I can bring to the table."

Bernard told the Tallahassee Democrat in April that he had committed to Richmond, then reportedly rescinded his committment earlier this month. The Miami native then considered Fordham, Miami, Missouri, VCU and Virginia before landing at Xavier.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: