Final: Lane 78 | Union 72
Records: Union 3-1 | Lane 2-3
Location: Fred DeLay Gymnasium – Jackson, Tenn.
Series: Union leads 28-9
Social: @UUAthletics | #WeAreUU | UUAthletics.com
- Union pulled out to an early lead in the opening minutes of the first half pulling out to a 17-10 lead with help from threes from Tray Boyd and KC Goodwin.
- Lane gained the momentum in the closing minutes rattling off a 14-1 run to close out the period and to head into the locker room leading 29-23.
- Union finally pulled back and regained the lead with long three from Jarad Scott to lead 42-40 with 13:56 left in the second half.
- Over the next six minutes, neither team was able to gain more than a two point advantage with both Union and Lane trading shots. Union eventually gained some momentum with a 7-0 run to push their lead to 55-50.
- Lane returned the favor going on a nine point run of their own to regain the lead, 64-60, with 3:59 remaining. The Dragons pushed their lead to 10 points on a three from Maurice Alexander.
- Union pulled within three points of the Dragons with just 0:16 seconds left in the game with back-to-back three balls from Tray Boyd, but the effort was not enough with Union falling 78-72.
STAT OF THE GAME
- Union turned the ball over 19 time in the game compared to just six for Lane. The Bulldog turnovers translated to 19 points for the Dragons, while Union converted just eight points.
- TEAM STATS
- Despite falling in the game, Union outshot crosstown foe Lane 53 percent to 49 percent from the field.
- The Bulldogs hit 12 threes, good for 41 percent and shot 61 percent from the free throw line.
- Lane out rebounded the Bulldogs 31 to 27 in the game, while Union did not grab a single offensive board.
- Tray Boyd led the all scorers with 29 points hitting seven three pointers in the game.
- Jarad Scott recorded his fourth straight double-double of the season scoring 12 points and grabbing 12 rebounds.
- Lane had three players in double figures with Maurice Alexander leading the Dragons with 17 points.
The Bulldogs move on to their final non-conference matchup taking on Brewton Parker College on Saturday, November 26th, in The Fred. Union kicks off Gulf South Conference action next Tuesday, November 29th, against Christian Brothers at 8:00 p.m. in Jackson.
UNION UNIVERSITY ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS