Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Hampton grad David Watford working hard to make the Eagles

PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver David Watford has been keeping his sleeves rolled up in training camp. Watford landed a spot on the Eagles practice squad last year. The 6-foot-2, 212-pounder accomplished this task as an undrafted free agent out of Hampton University. The next step for Watford is to secure a spot on the Eagles’ 53-man roster. He knows what he has do to in order to reach this goal.

“I just have to keep working every day,” Watford said. “I just have to keep proving myself day in and day out. I have to keep working and finding the little things to do. I did get a lot of experience last year. I’m just using that experience for this year. I’m just trying to take it one day at a time to get better.”



Watford has made a lot of strides over the past year. In 2015, he came out of Hampton as one of the top quarterback in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference. He completed 167-of-315 passes for 2,088 yards with 21 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. He made a big adjustment when he came to Eagles moving from quarterback to wide receiver.

“It took a little while,” Watford said. “It wasn’t easy. It was a tough transition in a sense because it take a lot of attention to detail. It was a lot of work and a lot of practice.”

CONTINUE READING

No comments: